Friday, June 18, 2010

Lie and Wait - 2 Song Tour Demo

Artist: Lie and Wait
Title: 2 Song Tour Demo
Release: 2007
Label: Self Released

Track List:
1. King for a Day
2. Apostasy

I've posted Lie and Wait before. As this release's title suggests this is a two song demo Lie and Wait handed out during a tour some time in 2007. I don't really remember which tour at this point, but I do know I got this from them at The Way it Is fest which they played.

The first track "King for a Day" is pretty par for the course with Lie and Wait. For the most part mid paced with plenty of distortion on the guitars. Tyler is pissed at something and I'm pretty certain it's either society or religion or both.

"Apostasy" is a little bit faster at times but slows down just before a pretty awesome build up about half way through. This song reminds me of earlier No Warning more than anything else Lie and Wait did.

I seem to recall this coming out after their last album "Led Astray", but that may just be because I might not have seen them in the months immediately before its release. I got my copy after the album was out. The fact that a far more polished version of "Apostasy" appears on the album I'm inclined to believe this is from before it. "King for a Day" doesn't appear on anything else so maybe it just didn't make the cut. Next time I see any of them I'll ask.

Good luck finding this anywhere else.

Download: Lie and Wait - 2 Song Tour Demo (LAME 3.98r V0)

No comments: