Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summertime Compilation



Artist: Various
Title: Summertime Compilation
Release Date: 2000
Label: Kordova Milk Bar Records

Track List:
01. Ache - Falling from the Sky to Our Heads
02. Five Stars For Failure - Fired
03. Joshua Fit for Battle - Detication
04. Knives and Greenwater - On Horsell Common
05. Landed - ---
06. Lycosa - Lycobra
07. Numbers Are Neutral - Fedaykin
08. Off Minor - Visible Distance (Live on WNYU, on 5-11-00 by Steve Roche, Orig. by UOoA)
09. Neil Perry - September 15th, City Lights and The Clouds That Suck Them Dry (Live on WNYU, on Winter 99)
10. pg. 99 - Mary Get Your Knife
11. Racebannon - The Boy in the Bathtub
12. The Assistant - f.Orever a.Ngry at m.Y I.Nner l.Ove For y.Ou
13. The Awakened - Put on Ice
14. The Cable Car Theory - Second Guessing
15. Keyboard Masters - Is That a Bichon Frise, Young Man
16. The Scarlet Letter - I'm Just a Lonely Bumblebee and That's the Way I Like It
17. The Vida Blue - ...So the Pirate Says
18. Thursday - This Side of Brightness
19. To Dream of Autumn - The Pill Versus the Springhill Mine Disaster
20. Usurp Synapse - More than Meets the Eye

This is a bit of a change of pace considering my recent posts, but I figure since this is such a rarity I just had to post it. All I know about this little compilation is from the liner notes that are in the booklet it came with. It seems two high school kids in Rhode Island put this out sometime in 2000 after March and only 1000 of these were made. My copy is hand numbered 12/148. I'm not certain if that means the particular packaging I have is limited to 148 or what. The money from this compilation went to help underprivileged kids go to summer camp. Hence the name I suppose.

This is a fantastic comp with bands you should probably already be familiar with and a few you've probably never heard before. It's got a slew of awesome screamo bands in their prime all in one place. But what I think I like most about this is that it was put out by a couple of 10th graders who just wanted to get involved in their local punk/hardcore scene and put something out for people to enjoy and help a good cause at the same time. That's the kind of DIY ethic that makes all of this such an awesome and fun thing to be a part of.

I'm including the entire booklet scanned at 600 DPI (lol overkill) because it's got a pretty neat layout and it has information and lyrics that might be of interest. Just a warning though, it's a good 281 MB. I could have scanned it in at a lower resolution but I wanted to make certain it was all readable.

Download: Various Artists - Summertime Compilation (LAME 3.98r V0)

Download: Various Artists - Summertime Compilation booklet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let people know; this is still available. I’m not at all bummed by having this on here, just letting people know. I was lucky enough to have worked with some really tremendous bands, and I am glad to see that there is still interest in their music.

Best
Eric/KMB
www.kmbrecs.tk