Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chest Pain - Chest Pain

Artist: Chest Pain
Title: Chest Pain
Release: 2009
Label: Self Released?

Track List:
1. Yellow Noose
2. False Self
3. Murderers / Shop Till You Drop
4. Reverse Baptism
5. A Lifetime of Spit and Swearing

When I first met Matt Needles I figured "Needles" was just some nickname he'd acquired long ago that had just stuck well enough for everyone to know it. About a year later I asked him what his last name was and he said it was Needles. I thought he was just bullshitting me. But then he showed me his drivers license. Needles is seriously his last name, at least according to the great state of Texas.

I got this rip from another blog, so the credit goes to them for posting what I assume is their own rip from the cassette.

Matt (who plays Bass) was kind enough to give me the proper track listing since he knows how anal I am about that sort of thing. So what you'll find below isn't really anything you can't find elsewhere, but I like to have all my i's dotted and my t's crossed when it comes to my mp3 collection. Matt suggested I throw this up here, but I probably would have done it anyways since this little demo (I guess it's a demo) is really fucking good.

Don't let the first minute or so of the first track "Yellow Noose" fool you, Chest Pain is fast as hell hardcore. Some might even say power violence, but whatever. 6 songs in just over 8 minutes is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I like to think Texas has consistently produced some of the best hardcore for decades now. Bands like Chest Pain are part of the reason that belief is continually reaffirmed.

Download: Chest Pain - Chest Pain (FhG 192 kbps)

No comments: