Friday, September 24, 2010

On My Side - Redefinition

Artist: On My Side
Title: Redefinition
Release: 2007
Label: Words of War Records

Track List:
1. Firm Grasp
2. On My Side
3. Definition
4. Speak Out
5. Prison Break
6. Do It Right
7. Gossip

I miss this band so much. It still bums me out that they broke up. Great dudes playing great hardcore with extremely positive lyrics is what you're in for here. Musically they remind me of Judge and other similar late 80's NYHC bands but Carlos' lyrics are far more upbeat and far less negative. He told me once that he actually had a cold that caused his sinuses to back up when they were recording this so the vocals didn't turn out how they wanted at all.

Carlos was awesome enough to send me a CD copy of the "Redefinition" EP the other day. I've heard this a thousand times, but it's always been rips from a cassette or vinyl, and never ones done properly. So hearing it with this much clarity for the first time is, for myself, a real treat.

Download: On My Side - Redefinition (CD) (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: On My Side - Redefinition (CD) (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire


Here's a little bonus (I guess...). This is a rip of my cassette copy. I got a decent tape deck at Goodwill for like 8 bucks a couple of months ago so I've decided to start ripping some of my cassettes. After some minor tweaking in Adobe Audition I'd say this sounds pretty damn good for a tape. But still not as good as the CD.

Scans of the cover and lyrics insert included.

Download: On My Side - Redefinition (Cassette) (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: On My Side - Redefinition (Cassette) (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: