Sunday, February 13, 2011

Joey Casio - Debtor's Prism / Artists in Times of War

Artist: Joey Casio
Title: Debtor's Prism / Artists in Times of War
Release: 2009
Label: K Records

Track List:
1. Debtor's Prism
2. Artists in Times of War

I don't think my girlfriend has even heard this yet. She picked it up because it was cheap and was put out by K Records (who has quite the impressive roster). This record is some sort of weird mix of house and what I believe is called "dance punk". I must confess I know next to nothing about either genre. I rather like this though. The beats are danceable and borderline infectious. And I love the keyboards.

I googled this Joey Casio fellow and came across this short article about him. I found this bit to be particularly amusing:

A little while later, Joey moved to San Diego to be in a relationship. When describing to a friend his idea for a punk band that played all electronic instruments, and no guitars (“Like Gorilla Biscuits, but all on keyboards”), he was introduced to the late 70’s LA band, The Screamers. With their snarling vocals, drums, synthesizer, electric piano, and no guitars, The Screamers became a huge influence on Joey.


I guess this is what happens when hardcore kids make club dance music.

Download: Joey Casio - Debtor's Prism / Artists in Times of War (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: Joey Casio - Debtor's Prism / Artists in Times of War (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: