Friday, February 11, 2011

Slang/Mind Eraser - split

Artist: Slang/Mind Eraser
Title: split
Release: 2010
Label: 540 Records

Track List:
1. Slang - Drug Society
2. Mind Eraser - Prime
3. Mind Eraser - Crushing in My Dreams

This has probably been posted on just about every music blog that focuses on hardcore. And for good reason. Mind Eraser has had quite a bit of well deserved hype behind them for years now here in the US. Hopefully the long time Sapporo veterans featured on the A side of this split will get the recognition they deserve after their summer tour with Mind Eraser last year. I'm sure anyone in Japan and any die hard Japanese hardcore fans elsewhere have long been familiar with Slang, as they've been around since 1988.

Slang's single song clocks in at just over a minute and I don't think they could be faster if they tried. Pretty standard fare for them. Excellent as always. Mind Eraser's side is (in my opinion) their best material yet. I really hate using words like "punishing" or "brutal" to describe music. Not just because it's so cliche, but because it's always sounded stupid. But goddamn Mind Eraser makes it hard to come up with any other way of describing them without consulting a thesaurus.

This is a personal rip, not the scene release that has been floating around on the internet since the first half of last year. I got my copy from the bass player of Criaturas' distro. When I saw Slang and Mind Eraser play in Dallas (after having missed Slang during Chaos in Tejas down in Austin the previous week) I didn't have enough money for this 7" and a Slang shirt. And I really really wanted a Slang shirt.

Scans of the sleeve are included. As usual, Sugi's cover art cannot be fucked with.

Download: Slang/Mind Eraser - split (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: Slang/Mind Eraser - split (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: