Friday, March 11, 2011

Ogreish Organism - 4th Pill

Artist: Ogreish Organism
Title: 4th Pill
Release: 1995
Label: H.G.Fact

Track List:
1. 4th Pill
2. 孤高の戦士

I'll be honest, when I bought this I had no idea what I was getting. At the time my knowledge of hardcore from outside the US was limited pretty much to just a few of the bigger bands from Europe. In retrospect this may have been one of the best scores I've ever made considering I got this for 99 cents plus 2 dollars shipping if my memory serves me correctly. All I knew when I placed the bid was that it was a cheap record from a label I'd heard a few people mention before.

Before I even mention who is in this band I want to make one thing 100% clear, the music holds its own regardless of the band's pedigree. The B side is definitely superior, but mostly because its extended intro is more to the point. The vocals might take some getting used to if you're not already a fan of the style. But, my God, the guitar riffs and the bass are over the top good.

Now for the part I would be remiss not to mention. Pill, the drummer and vocalist was the drummer for Lip Cream, G-Zet, Asylum, and High Rise, as well as the vocalist for G-Zet and キャ→ (Kyah→). Bass player Tomonori Iizawa was the bassist for Bastard and Judgement and guitar player for Buzzy大和町バンド (Buzzy Yamatocho Band). And Chelsea (RIP), it'd probably be easier to just list bands he wasn't in.

Download: Ogreish Organism - 4th Pill (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: Ogreish Organism - 4th Pill (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: