Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Charm - 顰

Artist: Charm
Title: 顰 (Shikami)
Release: 2004
Label: 625 Thrashcore

Track List:
1. 闇よ追って来い
2. 愛憎
3. 無用の助
4. 雨がトンズラ
5. ガラクタ
6. 人因線
7. スクリーン・デス
8. 底なしの閉銷感
9. バビロンの圧勝
10. Rabid Dogs (Corrosion of Conformity)

I picked this one up the same night I got the Fuck on the Beach/Matka Teresa split. This was put out by 625 Thrashcore so you should know what to expect here. They also do a bad ass Corrosion of Conformity cover. I would kill to be at some of their upcoming shows (as of when this post was written).

The name of this 7", 顰 (shikami) means knitted brows or frown and is also a type of mask used in 能 (Noh) plays for portraying angry evil spirits.

This record caught me by surprise in a very unusual way. The A side plays at 33 rpm and the B side plays at 45 rpm. I didn't notice until after I recorded the B side and it was way slower than the A side. I've always wondered if anyone out there has ever done that. I guess the answer is yes.

Also, in case anyone is curious, the tracklist on discogs.com for this 7" is wrong (track 8 specifically). You can double check the scans of the back and inside to see so yourself.

Download: Charm - 顰 (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: Charm - 顰 (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: