Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bread and Water/Reason of Insanity - split

Artist: Bread and Water/Reason of Insanity
Title: split
Release: 2011
Label: Burrito Records

Track List:
1. Bread and Water - Keep Walking
2. Bread and Water - One Day
3. Bread and Water – Entertainment
4. Reason of Insanity – Expendable
5. Reason of Insanity – No Good Intentions
6. Reason of Insanity – Battle Hymn
7. Reason of Insanity – L.P.P.D.
8. Reason of Insanity – Clouded Judgment
9. Reason of Insanity - Outro

Bread and Water was a bit before my time, which is a shame, because they're one of the better hardcore bands to come out of Dallas in the last 10 or 15 years. I know absolutely nothing about Reason of Insanity except that their mailing address is Lafeyette, LA so I guess that's where they're from.

Bread and Water is notable for the dual male/female vocals. That's not something you see often in hardcore. I might get flak for saying this but they remind me of a way more punk version of Circle Takes the Square, but really only for that reason.

On the other side, Reason of Insanity offers up five very short songs and one outro track. The music is pretty simple hardcore, heavy sounding, but nothing fancy. My guess is that they were probably much better live. That isn't to say their side is bad, but considering how good the Bread and Water side is it's hard to find much of a reason to flip the record over. I love the lyrics to L.P.P.D. though.

On a related note, my buddy Jason Warhammer has recently started his own label, Timekiller Records. His first offering is a DVD of Bread and Water's last show. I don't think he has a website or anything, but you can definitely contact him at jasonjamesdesign@yahoo.com to inquire about it. I believe it's $15 + postage.



Download: Bread and Water/Reason of Insanity - split (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: Bread and Water/Reason of Insanity - split (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: