Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Forward - While You Alive

Artist: Forward
Title: While You Alive
Release: 1998
Label: H.G.Fact

1. Melt to the Other Side
2. Penetration
3. Absolutely
4. Fight Against
5. Over the Matter of Course
6. Vomit All / Change

I've finally stopped aching from Choas in Tejas. If you've never been, it's like Christmas only way more punk.

This year's personal highlight was without a doubt Forward. I missed them the last time they came through the US in 2006 so I made it a point to see them three times. It's a good thing I have a real job this year, because at past Chaos in Tejas' I've had to make hard decisions about what bands I want to support. This year I was able to get a copy of every CD/record Forward had with them. So here's the first of the CDs, "While You Alive" from 1998. I think "Absolutely" might be my favorite Forward song.

I'll post the rest of the Forward stuff, plus some other things I picked up during Chaos in Tejas, over the next few days. This CD can still be purchased, but be prepared to pay a lot more than the standard $10!.

Here's some video's from their show in Denton a few days before Chaos in Tejas.






The last one is Forward covering G.I.S.M.'s "Endless Blockades of the Pussyfooter". Too bad it doesn't keep going, because right after that they covered "Nih Nightmare".

Download: Forward - While You Alive (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

On a kind of related note, Sugi, artist and bass player for Warhead is finally putting out an artbook through Bloodsucker Records. I had the immense honor of meeting Sugi for the first time in Denton and had several delightful conversations with him during Choas in Tejas. When he mentioned his artbook I have to admit I got a little giddy. I kind of collect things with his art on it, so an actual book with his stuff is something I've dreamed of for a long time. If you were smart you'd send Guy an email at diskshopmisery@gmail.com and order a copy.

No comments: