Wednesday, August 4, 2010

As I Look to the Future

Artist: Various
Title: As I Look to the Future
Release: 1997
Label: Solution Records

Track List:
1. Capgun - Take a Hint
2. Bane - Lay the Blame
3. Driven - Fear
4. The Rolemodels - Messy

I bought this solely because of the track by Bane but I was surprised to find that The Rolemodels song was actually my favorite on this. From what little I can gather this compilation was put out around 1997, it may have been 1996 but I'm gonna go with 1997 since that's when someone on a certain message board says they remember buying it.

The Capgun song isn't anything special, pretty typical 90's hardcore. If you've heard anything from that era you've probably already heard this. Bane's offering to this compilation is apparently some of their earliest recorded output. It definitely sounds more youthful in comparison to "Give Blood", and that was nine years ago now! I'm not really a fan of the song by Driven. It's got some dude from Killswitch Engage on it, vocals I think. Not my style at all.

What is my style though is The Rolemodels. When I was looking over the inside of the sleeve I noticed that the address given for them was Denton, TX. I thought this was pretty weird since the rest of the bands were from the North East so with a little help from google I found out that their drummer was actually the drummer from The Marked Men and their bass player was one of the early bass players for The Riverboat Gamblers. It seems the drummer started The Rolemodels not long after moving to Denton from Connecticut. I guess it makes sense that I found a copy of this in Carrollton, which isn't too far from Denton. Pretty interesting connection between two far away (especially in the 90s) places if you ask me.

600 DPI scans of the sleeve included.

Download: As I Look to the Future (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: As I Look to the Future (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: