Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Riverboat Gamblers/Electric Eel Shock - split

Artist: The Riverboat Gamblers/Electric Eel Shock
Title: split
Release: 2004
Label: Gearhead Records

Track List:
1. The Riverboat Gamblers - That's Entertainment!
2. Electric Eel Shock - Rock & Roll Can Rescue the World!

I picked this split picture disc up at a local record store a few years ago. If you're from Texas you're probably already familiar with The Riverboat Gamblers. The Electric Eel Shock side of the split is the only song by them that I've heard. It's a little more on the rock side of punk rock but that's okay by me. This record doesn't fall under "hardcore" at all, but I'm yet to meet a fan of hardcore or punk that doesn't enjoy The Riverboat Gamblers.

The Riverboat Gamblers originated nearby in Denton, TX but have since moved to Austin, TX. They've gone through a slew of members, most of who have been in other awesome bands. All I really know about Electric Eel Shock is that they're from Japan.

This is my first solid attempt at ripping a record with my new record player. I think it sounds fantastic. There's a bit of noise at the beginning and end of The Riverboat Gamblers' track but I couldn't seem to get it out without degrading the rest of the audio. It's not terribly distracting and might actually be from the recording not the record itself.

Download: The Riverboat Gamblers/Electric Eel Shock - split (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: The Riverboat Gamblers/Electric Eel Shock - split (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: