Friday, March 25, 2011

The Comes - No Side (reissue)

Artist: The Comes
Title: No Side (reissue)
Release: 2008 (originally 1983)
Label: Dogma Records

Track List:
1. No Side
2. Case
3. Public Cicle
4. Wa-Ka-Me
5. さらけだせ
6. 究極
7. バカコケ
8. 人間狩り
9. Panic
10. 工場
11. Medium
12. 金 (Live)
13. I Love You (Live)
14. Dead Body (Live)

Classic hardcore (punk) from Tokyo with female vocals. This is a reissue of their 1983 LP "No Side" with 3 additional live tracks.

I generally hate it when bands are described as being "female fronted". I think if the music is good then whether it's a dude or a girl singing is largely irrelevant. But given that The Comes are from the early 80's I can't help but imagine that having a female hardcore vocalist made them quite the exception. I mean, it would even today, but I just suspect more so back then. This isn't just boys fun, but you have to admit the gender ratio sure is pretty skewed.

I've read someone in this band went on be in Lip Cream. Not sure who though.

Download: The Comes - No Side (reissue) (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: The Comes - No Side (reissue) (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

1 comment:

SSDS said...

Thanks. Regards from Brazil.