Friday, March 25, 2011

Proclamation - Straight Edge Hardcore

Artist: Proclamation
Title: Straight Edge Hardcore
Release: 1998
Label: Bridge 9 Records

Track List:
1. Straight Edge Hardcore
2. What It Takes
3. ...In the Family
4. Glorify the Lies
5. You Should Pay
6. On the Rise
7. Torn Apart
8. You Gave In

This is really cheesy straight edge hardcore (obviously) from Boston in the mid-90's. I realize that at the time this band was forming that this style of hardcore with these kind of lyrics probably wasn't quite as cliched as it is now. But that doesn't do much to keep this EP from seeming like a parody. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it, but I'd also be lying if I said it was good.

Here's some more info on Proclamation and this particular record. If you like this you can actually get it on CD as part of an early singles collection from Bridge 9 Records still. And for an extremely fair price of six dollars.

Download: Proclamation - Straight Edge Hardcore (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: Proclamation - Straight Edge Hardcore (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: