Friday, April 4, 2008

First Post

Hi, I've got some big things planned for this blog. It'll probably end up as a run of the mill music blog but hopefully I'll be able to cover some ground that others aren't. At least that's my goal. I'll be uploading releases from all sorts of punk, hardcore, emo, screamo, and crust bands from my collection.

The primary purpose of this blog is to provide as much information on each release as I can. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to organizing my music library and I will cater to people like myself. So you can expect everything I post to have complete, consistent, and clean ID3 tags.

Since I'm going to be uploading mostly punk related things here I'm not going to put a huge focus on bitrate, obviously the higher the better. But let's be honest, if it's a vinyl rip, 192 kbs isn't going to be much better than 128 kbs.

Some of what will be posted will be ripped from my own CD collection. Unfortunately I don't have a working record player as I just broke my needle about a week ago. If I ever get a USB turntable expect lots of awesome things. As for the rest of it, the sources will vary greatly, from other music blogs, stuff from bit torrent websites, or even things collected from SoulSeek. I intend on bringing the better parts of my collection available in an easy to access place and keep you from having to do hours of googling trying to find information on an album.

For future reference (if you're still reading this I'm impressed) I will probably never drone on this long again. In the future all my posts will be about what I upload. Oh, and before I forget, I will be using mediafire.com to host the downloads. If you know of something better send me an e-mail... rapidshit sucks.

No comments: