Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Through Being Cool - A Tribute to Devo

Artist: Various
Title: Through Being Cool - A Tribute to Devo
Release: 1997
Label: Jolly Ronnie Records

Track List:
1. The Johnnies - Gut Feeling / Slap Yer Mammy
2. The Role Models - Jerkin Back 'N' Forth
3. Mexican Breakfast - Come Back Johnny
4. The Sillies - Through Being Cool
5. The Slobs - Be Stiff
6. Snap-her - Mongoloid

I just picked this up yesterday and I thought it was so much fun I had to share it right away. When I first saw the title I thought it had to do something with Saves the Day, and then I noticed where it says "A Tribute to Devo" and got really excited. Lo and behold, one of the bands featured on this record was The Role Models, whom I have posted about before. I wasn't 100% certain if it was the same band at first, but the address on the back was the same as the one given for where their song on "As I Look to the Future" was recorded.

I don't know anything about the other bands on this compilation, except that I think this is the same band as The Sillies on this record. What I do know is that Devo is awesome and these covers are all in their own way excellent takes on their songs. My personal favorite is The Johnnies' cover of "Slap Yer Mammy".

Scans of the front, back, and insert included.

Download: Through Being Cool - A Tribute to Devo (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: Through Being Cool - A Tribute to Devo (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: