Wednesday, October 6, 2010

High Anxieties - Negaduck

Artist: High Anxieties
Title: Negaduck
Release: 2010
Label: Rise and Shine Records

Track List:
1. Langolier
2. Neutralized
3. Three Issues
4. Youth
5. All Nighter
6. Dark Roads
7. Bottle Rocket

I've been waiting to get my hands on this record for a while.

High Anxieties, from Fort Worth, used to go by the name Negaduck (hence the title of this 7" I suppose) but they changed it for reasons unknown to me. I really cannot say enough good things about this band and this record. The songs are fast, energetic, and fun, just the way hardcore should be. Langolier is my favorite song on this 7" and is quite, pardon my overuse of the word, catchy.

Lyrically this 7" is pretty cool too as some songs touch on weighty issues in a necessarily cynical but smart way that I feel is part of what sets punk apart. High Anxieties obviously doesn't take themselves too seriously though; "Sleep can get bent. Coffee makes your teeth black. Full Throttle's where it's at." I'm more of a Monster kind of guy myself.

I don't know if you can even buy this online anywhere yet, but they have a Facebook page, so you might want to try and send them a message to see if they're willing to do mailorder. My copy was hand numbered out of 200, I'm not sure if that's for the color I got or of that's in total, either way don't hesitate.

High resolution scans of the cover and lyrics insert included.

Download: High Anxieties - Negaduck (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: High Anxieties - Negaduck (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: