Sunday, September 4, 2011

M&H Band - Popcorn

Artist: M&H Band
Title: Popcorn
Release: 1988
Label: Touch Records

Track List:
1. Popcorn (Butter Mix)
2. Popcorn (Reddenbacher Mix)
3. Popcorn (Radio Mix)
4. Popcorn (Jiffy Pop Mix)
5. Ordinopaso

I don't think I've been this excited about a record find in a while. Just a warning, this is not punk, at all. It's still awesome so that's why I'm posting it. If you're a fan of electronic music this is a must download in my opinion.

The song "Popcorn" has a bit of a history to it. Originally recorded in 1969 by Gershon Kingsley for his album "Music to Moog By". Hot Butter recorded their own cover of it in 1972. It was apparently the first electronic song to chart in America. Since then dozens of artists have covered "Popcorn". This 12" single by M&H is my favorite version that I've heard so far. Each mix has an Italio Disco feel to it that I think is perfect for the song.

For an in depth look at this song and all the artists who have covered it check out the Wikipedia page.

Download: M&H Band - Popcorn (LAME 3.98r V0) Multiupload

Download: M&H Band - Popcorn (LAME 3.98r V0) Mediafire

No comments: